[OM] Re: Eco disaster

Subject: [OM] Re: Eco disaster
From: "geebee" <geebee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 15:55:22 +0100
 From: "Winsor Crosby" <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2007 3:21 PM

> I have not experienced scrumpy which sounds more like a description
> of the drinker.

Hi Winsor,

Back in the 60's I used to frequent a pub that was favoured by American
servicemen stationed in the county. I won't mention why it
was favoured by American servicemen but I and many of my friends used to go
there for the killer Jukebox which was stocked with
all latest hits from the USA before they were released here.

The in drink at the time was called a 'Combo'. Made from three quarters of a
pint of Scrumpy and topped up with VP wine.  Tailor
made for the old gag about a free feather duster with every fourth pint so that
you could do something useful while you were up on
the ceiling.

--Graham