[OM] Re: E-3 announcement

Subject: [OM] Re: E-3 announcement
From: David Irisarri <div2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2007 18:04:10 +0200
Well Winsor,

Bearing in mind Olympus is smaller than NIKON or CANON, they cannot
produce professional cameras every nine months, changing only some small
stupid features and adding or coping others like Live View. R&D is very
expensive and every product must be studied very carefully before being
launched.

It seems the most important drawback from DSLR is dust and being honest,
the only real solution here is SSWF. The rest are simply disgusting. At
the same time, Olympus has done a big effort to produce professional
lenses for digital market. They are really outstanding. Everybody has
seen Color Foto  Zuiko Digital tests ;-)

Fourthirds sensor is much smaller than full frame so technology is much
higher inside fourthirds sensors (to get same noise and resolution of
full frame sensors). It´s not very difficult to guess that evolution of
R&D on this type of sensors is slower vs full frame sensors. Every step
is critical to create something new from the base.

Olympus is really doing a great job to get something in a near future.
What? Much higher quality a much lower price. Smaller, lighter and
better quality is the key. I also think price will be around $2000 but
technologically will be better than 40D and D300.

Taking into account technology evolution, I bet a forthcoming E-4 in one
year and a half. If not before.

Let´s see what happens.

Dave