[OM] Re: OT Digicam recording time

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Digicam recording time
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 19:30:49 +0100
I don't have any recommendations for you, Phil, but a suggestion that you
take care with the responses.  EU duty applies to digital video cameras, but
not to digital still cameras.  The result is that the spec of European
digital still camera models may differ from that of models intended for
other markets in precisely the area that interests you - the manufacturers
disable the functions which would trigger the duty.

I think this sort of problem explains why the Sony digital video I have has
only a one-way Firewire port, for example - it severely limits the editing
you can do.

--
Piers