[OM] Re: [photos] Becket Quarry 2 & 3

Subject: [OM] Re: [photos] Becket Quarry 2 & 3
From: "Geilfuss Charles" <Charles.Geilfuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 15:54:00 -0500
        Some very nice images Richard. Old quarries are interesting
places. In my college years we swam in an abandoned quarry near Clemson
University (never came close to finding the bottom). Back in the early
'80's I attended a wedding outside Woodstock, NY at a place called Opus
40. It was an old slate quarry that an artist spend most of his free
time over 40 years artfully stacking pieces of loose slate around pools
of water. OM content: I photographed the ceremony for fun but as it
turned out the "official" photographer (friend of the groom) was so hung
over from the previous night's party that he mis-loaded his camera and
got zero images. When I found out I gave my images to the bride.

http://www.opus40.org/

Charlie