[OM] Re: OT Digicam recording time

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Digicam recording time
From: "Ian Nichols" <ian.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 14:12:46 +0100
On 05/09/07, Phil <pcks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ian
> thanks, did check out the TX1 looks good until I saw the price, top qaulity
> is not paramount, this is more of a fun thing.
> What was more important was the length of recording time, I would like say
> up to 15 minutes continouus if possible.

My little Vivitar will fill up the memory card, if the batteries last
- it uses about 1GB per hour, and the batteries last about 2 hours.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=I1X0PO70

is a link to some footage recorded riding back from North Wales to
Bristol, recorded in half-hour or so chunks and edited down.  Added a
soundtrack which you may want to turn off.  WARNING: this is a big
file (about 300MB) and you'll have to read one of those strangely
written codes and type it into a box, then wait nearly a minute before
downloading starts.

Better optical quality can be had from Sanyo's Xacti range, for around
£200 - just don't get the VPC-CA1 model because there's no tripod bush
and the case is all curves so you'll have trouble attaching it
anywhere.