[OM] Re: E-3 announcement

Subject: [OM] Re: E-3 announcement
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 00:09:48 +1000
It's more that they were too slow, too far behaind. Many wanted to
convert to digital a few years ago and although we had stuck with OM
through the 1990's without autofocus, etc., Oly were just too late -
many of us had bought other systems by the time the E1 showed up and
were committed to a lens line. I'd had some Canon EOS gear so that
was my obvious choice when a cheap, used 10D came along. I think the
E1 was available by then (perhaps not) but the lens line was limited
and it was more expensive, much more. Now I have an investment of
some $5-8K in good Canon lenses so I'm unlikely to change.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx