[OM] Re: Help me decide

Subject: [OM] Re: Help me decide
From: Johnny Johnson <jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2007 15:29:38 -0400
At 01:12 PM 9/5/2007, AG Schnozz wrote:

>Which should I buy?  A Peterbuilt or a Kenworth?

Well, the Peterbuilt has bigger pistons so the engine should burn
cleaner but it's also very noisy.  Have you ever heard one of those
things when they're backing down through the gears?  On the other
hand, the Kenworth allows shifting gears at a rate of 10 times per
minute if speed is important to you.  You also need to check very
carefully the range of trailer types that are available for each.  I
believe the selection is limited with the Peterbuilt.  In any case I
contend that the truck isn't the important thing when hauling a load,
it's the driver that counts and a skilled driver can do a fine job
with either a Peterbuilt or Kenworth.  YMMV.

Later,
Johnny

Johnny Johnson
Cleveland, GA