[OM] Re: E-3 announcement

Subject: [OM] Re: E-3 announcement
From: "Leandro DUTRA" <leandro.gfc.dutra@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 23:08:07 -0300
2007/9/5, Steve Dropkin <steve@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Huh? "Fast" is a desirable property of any computer. Everyone wants
> their next computer to be a whole lot speedier than their old one.

But clock speed isn't the same thing as speed in program execution.

> would feel more comfortable with the future of 4/3 if two of the
> four vendors you tout were selling more than one item (which happens
> to be the same badge-engineered camera) and if a large third-party
> lens manufacturer like Tamron or Tokina thought enough of 4/3 to
> commit _their_ resources to it.

So would I.  Word is Tamron is coming, I hope it is not just smokes.

> Yes, but if Olympus makes a big deal out of being #3, then
> qualifying that goal to "#3-everywhere-but-the-U.S." or settling for
> #4 or #5 misses the mark _they_ set for themselves. In the business
> world, that's failure. They'd be far better off aiming for #5 and
> hitting #3. I maintain that they will not hit #3 with the current
> product line.

Perhaps not, but this year they are launching three bodies.  2006, two
bodies.  2005, 2004, 2003, one body each.  This looks like long term
planning, even accounting for some failures along the way.  I hope
they haven't been promising #3 this year.

--
+55 (11) 5685 2219               xmpp:leandrod@xxxxxxxxxx
+55 (11) 9406 7191          Yahoo!: ymsgr:sendIM?lgcdutra