[OM] Re: OM's in demand?

Subject: [OM] Re: OM's in demand?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2007 23:24:56 -0700
Jim Couch wrote:

> As for the XA - nobody seems to get it, including camera manufacturers.
> I would LOVE a fast (f2.8) fixed lens (wide angle) APS or 4/3 sensor
> compact camera, especially if it would provide RAW output. hat would be
> a perfect climbing camera for me. Forget these little mini super slow,
> super silly zoom things they sell these days. Alas, i don't see it
> happening any time soon.

Ricoh tried it with the GR-D. If you are only shooting in good light,and
can hold iso down, it looks quite good.

Or if slightly less wide will do, just ignore the zoom on the Fuji
D30/31fd, 35/22.8 with a big sensor and amazingly good IQ and higher iso
performance. Compact, well made ad excellent battery life.

Moose