[OM] Re: E-3 announcement

Subject: [OM] Re: E-3 announcement
From: Patrick Moore <paddy@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 09:38:23 +0100
* On Thu, Sep 06, 2007 at 04:25:23PM +0800, khen lim said:
> Is that your attempt at humour? Are we suppose to laugh at the expense of
> Olympus? Andrew, try running a camera company instead of mocking them from
> afar. Maybe that might make you and a lot of others think a little
> differently.

Listen,  we all appreciate Olympus, and their cameras, we may revere the OM
system, and appreciate some of the nicer facets of the E-system,  but there
are no sacred cows in this place,  and if you abandon ridicule and other
elements of criticism you end up with religion.  Sorry,  had enough of that
here during my formative years.

I just want a camera that takes the pictures that I tell it to take, and
take them well.  I don't want a shrine to something,  however much I may
lightly touch my camera bag.  (but that's mostly because it has my laptop
in it at the moment, and my PhD thesis is due in 8 days. :p)

And yes, Andrew was funny.  Well, I laughed anyway. :)

--
this signature was brought to you by the letter I and the number 41
htag 0.0.23: [    Troubled by kleptomania? Take something for it. ]