[OM] Re: OM's in demand?

Subject: [OM] Re: OM's in demand?
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 08:59:33 -0500
> I am guessing that the big announcement hinted at on Johnston's blog
> will be a FF Sony body. If Sony really has a FF sensor it would make
> sense to do a Minolta mount body. Sony has got to be wanting to get to
> that #3 spot and the Sony/Minolta DSLRs could do it for them.
Sony has previously indicated that the higher of the two models they plan
would/could be FF.

> A more remote possibility would be a Pentax FF.
Not too likely, as they have announced that the digital medium format
project is on indefinite hold, and it looks like the on again off again
merger is not going well. Now, it seems, the entire Pentax board is to
resign. I can't see any new or even warmed over projects under that
uncertain future.

> As for the XA - nobody seems to get it, including camera manufacturers.
> I would LOVE a fast (f2.8) fixed lens (wide angle) APS or 4/3 sensor
> compact camera, especially if it would provide RAW output. hat would be
> a perfect climbing camera for me. Forget these little mini super slow,
> super silly zoom things they sell these days. Alas, i don't see it
> happening any time soon.

As hell, most of them barely got it with film.

Bill Pearce