[OM] Photos - a large set from Galicia, NE Spain

Subject: [OM] Photos - a large set from Galicia, NE Spain
From: "Lukasz Grabun" <lgrabun@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 23:16:54 +0200
Hello again,

Looks like another good day to brag about my photos as if they were worth
it; this time it's Galicia, a region in northereastern Spain, quite
different from a common notion of what Spain looks like - Galicia is
foggy, is green and it's climate is humid. People who live there look to
my unexperienced eye more like Irish than Spanish - red hair, no vivacious
gesticulation but rather calm contenplation of sea (or the Ocean, I should
say) and unhurried life in small villages.

The stay, also, has changed somewhat my way of thinking of photography
itself.

I had two bodies - OM-4 and OM-2n. The former's task was to deliver high
quality images on properly exposed slides. 20 rolls of Velvia and E100VS,
a sturdy tripod, a bunch of lenses from 24mm to 21cm, filters and lens
hoods - all these to get top-notch eye-candy slides I would project on
wall and post to internet to boost my ego.

The latter - with Zuiko 50/1.8 mounted all the time - was used to take
usual snapshot of trekking life - shots of my wife, so small compared to
the backpack she had to carry for sixteen miles, landscapes, nature. With
no exact lightmetering, with no tripod, no fancy focal lenghts and with no
lens hood. But also with no stress of getting results as good as possible,
"unconstrainedly" if such word does exist.

I like shots from OM-2n much better. You will easily find out which are
made on negatives, which on slides. Hopefully, you will see what I am
talking about.

Films used: Velvia 50, Kodak E100VS, Portra 400VC and Fuji Reala. Reala
delivers extremely sharp and beautifuly colored pictures - try it, if you
haven't yet done so.

Here are pictures, hope you like them:

http://grabun.com/zdjecia/2007/hiszpania/

--