[OM] Fw: Re: hanging on

Subject: [OM] Fw: Re: hanging on
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 21:11:09 -0300

> Wayne, what did you do for lighting?  Natural? Reflectors? Ring flash?
> Particularly the grasshoppers in the leafs have very soft, gentle
> lighting.  Insect macro photography is one of my favorites.  They look
> great!
>
> Marten

 Hello Marten,
 I've been away for a couple days. From the list I see more replies from
this
 thread which I haven't read yet, so this may already have been discussed.
 But it is just natural lighting, either overcast, or I try to shade the
bugs
 with my body. I can shade a wide area :-)

 I made a styrofoam ring flash for the C5050  a number of months ago. Your
 post has reminded me that I've never actually tried it yet for bugs,
 flowers, etc.

 I don't particularly like insects. But when I get bored......      I can
see
 more detail in them on the screen than with my old eyes in the field, so
 enjoy I seeing just how intricate they are.

 Wayne