[OM] Cell phone cameras (was And where's the E-1?)

Subject: [OM] Cell phone cameras (was And where's the E-1?)
From: "Sandy Harris" <sandyinchina@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 22:54:36 +0800
On 9/10/07, Leandro DUTRA <leandro.gfc.dutra@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 2007/9/10, Johann Thorsson <johann@xxxxxxxx>:
> >
> > I am not so sure.  I tend to forget the smaller things.
>
> Me too — but then I can just keep a subcompact at a knapsack or
> pochette and forget about it; when I need it, it is there ...

Is there a cell phone with reasonable photo capabilities?
I carry a phone anyway, so that would suit me well.

Panasonic could probably do it. Stick a 4/3 sensor in
it with a 10 or 12 mm lens. That's compact enough for
a phone and potentially in the Ricoh GR Digital quality
range for photography.

But has anyone done anything reasonable, or do all
phones have tiny sensors and awful lenses?

--
Sandy Harris,
Nanjing, China