[OM] C.R.I.S. Battery Adapter

Subject: [OM] C.R.I.S. Battery Adapter
From: Johnny Johnson <jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 17:52:21 -0400
Hi Folks,

My granddaughter is in need of a camera for a high school photography
class that's coming up in a couple of weeks and I have an OM-1 that I
want to donate to the cause. But, the camera hasn't been converted to
use 1.5 volt batteries yet so I'm looking for alternatives.  I
thought about sending it to John for conversion but his Web site is
quoting a turnaround of 6-8 weeks which is too long to wait plus the
foam seals, speed settings and timer all seem to be in fine shape so
a full CLA doesn't really seem to be necessary.  As I remember it the
rap on the Wein Cells was that they didn't last very long and could
lead to incorrect metering.  I don't remember anything negative being
said about the C.R.I.S. adapter other than them being somewhat
pricey.  Is the C.R.I.S. adapter my best choice if I can swallow the
cost and can't wait for John?

As a BTW - the C.R.I.S. adapter uses a silver oxide #386
battery.  Does this battery hold a flat voltage curve over time so
that I don't have to worry about metering inaccuracies as the battery ages?

Thanks,
Johnny

Johnny Johnson
Cleveland, GA