[OM] Re: C.R.I.S. Battery Adapter

Subject: [OM] Re: C.R.I.S. Battery Adapter
From: Johnny Johnson <jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 20:46:11 -0400
At 07:39 PM 9/10/2007, usher99@xxxxxxx wrote:

>The hearing aid battery solution is quick, cheap and easy.? The
>metering errors appear to be modest
>though I have no experience and others will know for sure.? John may
>have his own adapter as well.
>The batteries do not last long. A #9 O ring will also adapt the
>chamber, rumor has it.
>
>http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/index-111.html

Thanks Mike.  The author of that page does say that this method
didn't work well with his OM-1.  The reference does include a
discharge graph though and it looks like the voltage of the silver
oxide isn't quite as stable as a mercury battery but a lot better
than the alkaline type.

>There is some mention of an MR9 adapter as well that results in
>modest metering errors as well, but unlikely to be significant with
>print film in a class.

I'll do a Google search and see where that leads me.

Thanks again,
Johnny

Johnny Johnson
Cleveland, GA