[OM] Re: Sunday sunrise

Subject: [OM] Re: Sunday sunrise
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 20:28:05 -0400
You might want to try the background stretching trick I posted recently
to stretch the sky upward (and maybe the ground downward, maybe not)
rather than cropping off the top and bottom jagged edges.

Quick rehash.  In PhotoShop use the marquee tool to select a long,
narrow band of the sky just below the black area.  Then select transform
and drag the top edge of the band up to the edge of the frame across the
black area.  The transform will fill the black area with the color of
the sky from below.  No need to lose image area to cropping as long as
the area is relatively featureless.

Try it.  You'll like it.

Chuck Norcutt