[OM] Re: "How to give your low-end Canon digital camera RAW support"

Subject: [OM] Re: "How to give your low-end Canon digital camera RAW support"
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 22:02:37 +1000
Actually there was nothing wrong with the 16:9 idea - the D-Lux 2 has
it and I think it's the only cam line with 'native' widescreen
format. Nice effect. But the increase in pixels on the same size
small sensor was a problem. I sold it on to a guy who needed 16:9 for
doing sales presentations - mostly rough 'visuals' of the
professional presentations they prepare to show customers what they
have in mind. He was very pleased with it.
Just got a Canon TX1 test sample which has 1280 HiDef widescreen
video. Quite nice too. You have to be careful because the exposure
adjustment and face detection isn't fast enough to keep up with rapid
movement, even when focus is set for panning. Impressive in many ways
though, a real hybrid. Most hybrids do both things badly but we'll
see. 4mb per sec. on full size - good job card prices are coming down!
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx