[OM] Re: First choice to list, then to eBay...

Subject: [OM] Re: First choice to list, then to eBay...
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 09:02:55 -0600
Jan Steinman wrote:
>> From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
>>
>> Jan, sounds like you are getting ready to take the big leap and my
>> guess is
>> it isn't for the new bigger and better deal from mother Olympus.
>> Bill  Barber
>
> Yes, I am making a big leap into... deer fencing. :-)
>
> Photography is no longer putting food on the table, so I have to sell
> equipment in order to finance that which does put food on the table.
>
> But The Faithful should not be concerned like this Barberous Heretic.
> I'm thrilled with my E stuff. The 7-11 is the most awesome lens I've
> ever owned -- and you've seen my list!

Yep.  The 7-14 (I assume that's what you meant) is an astonishing lens.
  The reason I'm interested in the 24mm shift is actually on behalf of a
friend of mine, who's got the 35 for his Canon 5D and needed the 24 a
couple of times.  I'd thought I'd buy it and make it available to him on
an "as needed" basis.  On the E-system cameras, it's actually not a very
useful lens, but I still have a few OMs left...

I'm also waiting on the new 50-200 Digital Zuiko that's supposed to be
released at the same time as the E-3.  Faster and more reliable focusing
is the big draw for me.  Then I'm pretty much done with D-Zuikos for
awhile -- the equivalent of pro or super-pro lenses in focal lengths
from 7-200mm is almost everything I've ever cared about in focal length
and lens quality.

Jan, before you go and spend an enormous amount on deer fencing, try
looking at this reference from Lee Valley Tools here in Canada:

      http://tinyurl.com/26kawo

The book offers a variety of solutions.  Lee Valley's just started
selling really inexpensive deer fence as well, but it's not available
through their online catalogue system just yet (I just got the flyer
it's featured in).  I have an uncle in the Shuswaps who's dealing with
deer in his cherry orchard, as well as a cousin in Tete Jaune Cache
(near Valemont, B.C.) who's fighting off the little blighters in his
vegetable "garden."  They can't afford the expensive solutions either,
so they've started with alternatives.  Might be worth a look.

Just as a reference, the deer fence sold by Lee Valley comes in a
7'x100' roll for $22.50 CDN ($19.00 CDN if you buy four or more rolls at
once).  The new catalogue number is "PA210."

Garth