[OM] Re: Badlands Big Dipper

Subject: [OM] Re: Badlands Big Dipper
From: Richard Lovison <rlovison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 08:33:46 -0400
AG Schnozz wrote:
> http://image66.blogspot.com/
>
> I just got back from a mini vacation with the family to South
> Dakota's Badlands. This picture was taken our first night while
> camping in the Sage Creek Campground in the western end of the park.
> This was just over an hour after sunset and the sky was absolutely
> clear.
>
> The photo was taken with the E-1 and 14-54 zoom lens. Conversion
> performed in RawShooter Essentials.

Beautiful image Ken.  Well done. You might be interested in what this
guy did

http://fourthirdsphoto.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=16960

using an E-500 and 11-22mm lens (piggybacked on a guided telescope) with
Autopano and DeepSkyStacker software.  With 60 second exposures at 200
ISO he produced a beautiful panorama of the Milky Way.  Heck, with a 60
second exposure at 11mm, I'm not sure one would even need to worry about
accurate tracking. Eh, but now that I think about it, he probably needed
the accuracy for the stacking process.  Anyhow, it's amazing the quality
of astrophotography one can achieve with the E system with a little
ingenuity.

Richard

--
Richard Lovison Photography