[OM] Re: E330 now or wait for E-3

Subject: [OM] Re: E330 now or wait for E-3
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 20:39:30 -0400
Studio stuff typically is well-lit, is it not? Or at least the
lighting is about 99.99999% under the control of the photographer.
And please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't noise more of an issue
in low and uncertain light rather than well-lit scenes? I seem to
recall some criticisms of sample images showing remarkably low noise
in some cameras where I know better <g>, the reason for low apparent
noise being how well lit the scenes were. Of course we usually want
the high ISO in low light, otherwise what's the point? Other than
texture, etc. Is there a need for high-ISO when scenes, studio or
otherwise, are well lit, other than the obvious motion freeze, etc.?
I'm guessing aerial photogs, for example, might like to shoot high
ISO in bright light just to be able to use _really_ high shutter speeds.

--Bob, shutting up now because he's in _way_ over his head.