[OM] E1 rubber grip coming loose and 14-54 O ring

Subject: [OM] E1 rubber grip coming loose and 14-54 O ring
From: swisspace <swisspace@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 11:14:52 +0200
It seems the years are starting to take its toll on my E1 and it is
suffering from the glue not sticking around the little red plastic bit
at the front.

I remember this being discussed in the past, but can anyone recall the
best approach to fix it, i.e remove the rubber completely and re-glue or
use a cocktail stick and put some under where it has come loose. also
what's the recommended adhesive - I am guessing not epoxy for this.

on a side note I also noticed a small piece of rubber O ring sticking
out of the camera end of my 14-54, I am guessing it's an easy fix - just
undo the screws holding the chrome plate and replace the O ring it
neatly back where it should be. Any thing I should be wary of when
undoing the plate

Iechyd da
IanW