[OM] Re: E1 rubber grip coming loose and 14-54 O ring

Subject: [OM] Re: E1 rubber grip coming loose and 14-54 O ring
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 07:33:19 EDT
I can't answer your question about the grip directly, however as an
interesting aside on this subject my grip was replaced when I sent my e-1 in
for  CLA.
 I bought a 2 year service contract from Olympus and part of the  contract
was a "free" CLA anytime during the two years.  The camera was  sent in at 24
months and one of the things they did was replace the grip, with  which I had
not noticed any issues.  The service contract was purchased  from their eBay
auctions for a little under $100.  I don't know that they  offer this contract
any longer.  Bill Barber