[OM] Re: E1 rubber grip coming loose and 14-54 O ring

Subject: [OM] Re: E1 rubber grip coming loose and 14-54 O ring
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 09:50:48 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 19 Sep 2007, swisspace wrote:

> I remember this being discussed in the past, but can anyone recall the
> best approach to fix it, i.e remove the rubber completely and re-glue or
> use a cocktail stick and put some under where it has come loose. also
> what's the recommended adhesive - I am guessing not epoxy for this.

Just order a new grip and tape from Olympus, I seem to remember that it
was under $10US for all the parts.

> on a side note I also noticed a small piece of rubber O ring sticking
> out of the camera end of my 14-54, I am guessing it's an easy fix - just
> undo the screws holding the chrome plate and replace the O ring it
> neatly back where it should be. Any thing I should be wary of when
> undoing the plate

If you're referring to the little "O-ring" lip that's around the edge,
leave it alone, that's what provides the weather seal between the lens
and the body.  It's not an O-ring, it's a rubber seal.
                                        -mark