[OM] Re: E1 rubber grip coming loose and 14-54 O ring

Subject: [OM] Re: E1 rubber grip coming loose and 14-54 O ring
From: Richard Ociepka <ociepka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 19:53:57 -0400
The silver mount held in by four screws is called the L Mount.
The rubber that you see is called the M Packing.
It looks as if it is stretched out on your lens. It may not shrink back
into place.
You run the risk of knocking the lens out of alignment.
If you do try it then remove only the 4 silver screws. I would leave the
3 black ones alone.

How in the world did the packing get snagged like that?

Dick