[OM] Re: [OT]Scanner Calibration with IT8

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT]Scanner Calibration with IT8
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 07:32:44 -0500
Michael,
If you plan to profile for print film, I believe you can just leave
the scanner setting to "built-in".  The same may be true for slide
film as well.  I would suggest just skipping the part about profiling
the scanner, especially if you are working with a dedicated film
scanner.  I traded some email with Ed Hamrick about this, and that was
what he told me to do.

Another little discovery.  When profiling, select the "generic" film
setting.  There is no point in profiling AND selecting a film brand
and type (which is already a kind of profile).  Give your "film.it8"
file a distinctive name (like "filmKodakGold100.it8") and save your
entire .ini settings to match it just for your convenience,
particularly if you are profiling several different films.

Best regards,
Joel W.