[OM] Re: FS: Vivitar 28/2

Subject: [OM] Re: FS: Vivitar 28/2
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 08:08:02 -0400
These are the links priit refers to

Overall image showing edge and center test areas
<http://www.chucknorcutt.com/temp/Test%20image%2C%20center-edge%20markers.jpg>

Lenses tested were Tokina 28-80 at 28, Kiron 28/2 and Zuiko 28/2.8.  The
test areas show 1:1 crops from Canyon 5D standard settings JPEG images.
  Unfortunately, the Zuiko being tested had an aperture ring detent ball
problem (discovered during the test and since fixed) that prevented the
lens being opened wider than f/5.6.

Center performance
<http://www.chucknorcutt.com/temp/Center%20performance.jpg>
Edge performance
<http://www.chucknorcutt.com/temp/Edge%20performance.jpg>

The Kiron performs very well in the center but is soft at the edge until
it gets to f/8 where it competes effectively against the other lenses.
Not sure why I never went beyond f/8.

Chuck Norcutt