[OM] Re: 12 Mp Olympus ?

Subject: [OM] Re: 12 Mp Olympus ?
From: Jim Couch <zuikoholic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 11:08:09 -0700
I agree. I have been shopping for a small compact digital to take
climbing and on business trips when I don't want to be loaded down with
my D200. I have come to the conclusion that 8mp is about the max for
current small sensor technology. Anything over that the noise outweighs
any resolution gain you might get. Even 10mp seems to be above the
threshold, let alone 12. More is not always better. The good news is
that with all the 12mp small sensor cameras hitting the market there
should be some great deals on the lowly old 6-8mp models! :)

Jim