[OM] Re: de-activating "format" on my E500

Subject: [OM] Re: de-activating "format" on my E500
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 19:45:35 -0400
Do not (under any circumsances) do anything that will write something to
the card.  If all you did was format the card your images are still
there.  If you didn't do any in-camera deleting they should all be
recoverable although probably not with their original names.  If you did
do in-camera deletions many will be recoverable but some will be partial
or lost.

I recently had R-Studio recommended to me by a guy who has been using
recovery utilities for over 20 years.  He says this one is the best he's
ever seen.  It completely recovered a disk he thought was pure toast.
But, YMMV.  <http://www.r-studio.com/>

Note that this comes in many versions.  The only thing you really need
for a CF card is FAT support if the card is 2GB or less or FAT32 support
if greater than 2GB.  Both of those are in the "FAT 4.0" product.
Apparently, you can download the demo version and let it tell you what
it found.  If you like what it finds (or think it finds) you can pay for
the product and get it to do the actual restore.

Chuck Norcutt