[OM] OK, Fidel, let's line them up and shoot them down . . .

Subject: [OM] OK, Fidel, let's line them up and shoot them down . . .
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 07:58:26 EDT
One of the things I've always encouraged others to do on this list is to  get
their work out in front of others.  This week is one of those weeks for  me.
I'll have 6 images in three different venues and another which won't be
trotted out in front of someone yet, however is cued up for my entry in the
Krappy
Kamera competition early next year.  Five of the six images are  either OM or
e-1 images, the sixth is a pinhole image printed on vellum with a
platinum/palladium process.  Yes, it is pretty cool. I also currently have
three images
hanging in a juried exhibit in the area of the state to which I  will be
moving in about a year or so.

I couple of things I've learned from going public with my work:

Sometimes the things that speak to me, speak to others.

Others have interesting ways of seeing and expressing that help me learn  and
grow.

When I remain committed to showing/competing, my work has a life of its  own,
the expression of which continues to feed and nurture me.

So, if this sounds interesting to you (or maybe just not very frightening),
find venues to show you work.  It can be a gift both to you and to  others.

<[B^)   Bill Barber