[OM] [OT] monitor problem and questions

Subject: [OM] [OT] monitor problem and questions
From: Richard Lovison <rlovison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 07:32:48 -0400
I have an aging CRT (8 years old) that has long outlived its intended
life span.  Recently, the display has developed a problem where it
suddenly shrinks (about 1/4 inch on each side) and then later (10
minutes or thereabouts) expands out to its set horizontal width only to
repeat the process many times per hour.  It's probably something like a
failing capacitor or diode in the high frequency circuit.  Approximately
how much time do I have left before the monitor fails completely?  Has
anyone experienced this problem in the past?

It looks like I'll finally have to shift to a LCD.  Anyone have
recommendations for an inexpensive 19 or 20 inch model for photo
editing?  What specs should I be concerned with?  I have an ATI Radeon
9700 Pro video card that accepts a DVI-I connector and I'm assuming most
newer LCDs should work with this card.  Thought I might make a trip to
our local Best B*y to check some models out in person.

Richard
--
Richard Lovison Photography
http://bcn.net/~rlovison/index.html