[OM] Re: [OT] monitor problem and questions

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] monitor problem and questions
From: Richard Lovison <rlovison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 09:21:32 -0400
Chuck Norcutt wrote:

> Some list members have reported good experience with Samsung LCD's.
> Mike Lazarro says he likes his Samsung 204B (under $300) and Steven
> Scharf was ecstatic over his Samsung 215TW (under $500).  I thought
> Moose had a Samsung too but I can't find any saved note to that effect.
>   Let us know what you do.  My Samsung CRT can't be too far behind yours.

Thanks for the info Chuck.  From the limited reading I did on the web I
gathered I should steer clear of any panel that is TN (not sure what
that stands for though I believe the 204B uses a TN panel) and pick a
S-IPS or S-PVA panel (the 215TW uses a S-PVA).  My mind is already
starting to fog over with all the reviews, recommendations and endless
specs.  My Optiquest V95 CRT is certainly not one of the top photo
editing CRTs though I managed with it.  It's kind of what I'm looking
for in a LCD... something affordable to me ($200-$300) that I can work
with that will have a reasonable life span.  I'll take a look at Newegg.

Richard

--
Richard Lovison Photography
http://bcn.net/~rlovison/index.html