[OM] Re: [OT] monitor problem and questions

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] monitor problem and questions
From: "Johann Thorsson" <johann@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 13:37:36 -0700
I bought a Samsung Syncmaster 213T LCD three years ago and am extremely
happy with it.  Actually I am so happy that I am looking for another one on
the "site", despite I guess this being a totally outdated model.

I have no idea how this monitor compares with other of its contemporary kin,
and I really don't know much about monitors, but I am pretty sure my next
monitor will be a Samsung too based on my  experience with this one.

I went to Best Buy when I was selecting and did some comparison between the
screen size formats.  I did not like the widescreen at all.  I like to have
the whole screen in front of me, and not have to turn my head to see the
whole thing.  And as Moose points out, all this width is useless if the
height is too low.  Such format may be fine for TV viewing, but for normal
computer or image work it is just not good imho.

For what it is worth.