[OM] Re: [OT] monitor problem and questions

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] monitor problem and questions
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 15:17:49 -0600
Bill Pearce wrote:
>>   I did not like the widescreen at all.
> Interesting. I currently am using two monitors, with pallettes and such on
> the second, and I have been led to believe that the widescreen will make the
> second unnecessary.

It certainly seems to make a second monitor unnecessary on my system.
For what it's worth, the vertical dimension on my new Samsung is half an
inch greater than on the 21" CRT I'm mothballing (12.5" versus 12"),
while the horizontal dimension is about 4.5" greater, but the apparent
gain on the screen size is even more, because the CRT never used the
entire real estate all the way out to the edge of the bezel.  And of
course there's that lovely WUXGA resolution on the flat panel (1920 x
1200).  My old CRT ran at a resolution of 1280 x 960 (though I could've
cranked it higher, I didn't like how "small" everything on the screen
became at that point).

Haven't tried profiling the Samsung yet.

Garth