[OM] Olympus Master 1.42 in crash mode

Subject: [OM] Olympus Master 1.42 in crash mode
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 20:46:37 -0300
Don't you just hate the experience of having one's Olympus Master 1.42
software crash at random intervals?

I move my 2GB Compact Flash card  images [from my E500] to my hard drive.
>From the hard drive I process the RAW images into TIFF images and then use
PhotoShop for further processing.

At random intervals in the RAW processing stage the Olympus Master software
crashes with an on screen message saying that details of the crash problem
is being sent to on-line to some reporting centre out in the ether. On each
occasion I have to restart Olympus Master from anew. The crashes may come
after only one or two RAW processing stages or after twenty or more; there
is no telling when a crash might occur..

Has anyone else experienced this random crash problem and if so is it
something that one must suffer in silence?

Is there a solution to this irksome time waster?

John Hudson
Nova Scotia, Canada