[OM] Re: The one dollar digital camera

Subject: [OM] Re: The one dollar digital camera
From: "Daniel Sepke" <daniel.sepke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 11:01:53 -0400
I'll take the bait.

Top one Digital.
Bottom one Film.

That's my guess :)

Dan S.

-----Original Message-----
From: olympus-owner@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:olympus-owner@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of AG Schnozz
Sent: Friday, September 28, 2007 10:03 AM
To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxx

iwert wrote:
> Interesting indeed... here the film costs are as follows: about 3 euro
> for the cheapest option in non off-brand film, and then a whopping 10
> euro for processing only. (and one hour is not an option here anymore,
> simply disappeared, except for "big towns".)

I have found similar price descrepencies in the smaller non-WalMart towns
here.  With WalMart listing 4-roll packs of Fujicolor-100 for $2.50 each (24
exp rolls) and $1.76 processing (no prints), shooting film has never been
cheeper for me.

The point of my comparision is a little backwards, maybe.  The common
argument we've been hearing for the past five years is "Digital is as good
as Film".  Well, I reversed this.  My comparision is that "Film is as good
as Digital".

I'm waiting for somebody to tell me which is which, BTW.

AG

________
Luggage? GPS? Comic books?