[OM] Re: Advice for a Fall foliage trip

Subject: [OM] Re: Advice for a Fall foliage trip
From: Richard Lovison <rlovison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 07:18:19 -0400
Tom Scales wrote:
> I need advice from fellow list members.  I'm considering a lengthy fall
> foliage car trip, but have no idea really where to go, when to go, where to
> stay, good photo opportunity locations.

Tom,

If you decide to travel up to Western MA, route 91 north through
Connecticut and then 90 west toward Albany into the Berkshires is a
scenic drive.  If you decide to visit the Berkshires, getting off at the
Lee exit and taking route 7 north into Williamstown- North Adams is also
  a very beautiful drive.  This site:

http://www.berkshirehiking.com/

can give you many hiking trails to choose from if you're into that sort
of thing.  Mount Greylock:

http://www.mass.gov/dcr/parks/mtGreylock/

is a great place to visit though be prepared to hike as the road to the
top is closed until 2009.  There are many trails in the Reservation near
the base to choose from.  Haystack Mountain in Norfolk Connecticut is
another area that was recommended to us:

http://www.ct.gov/dep/cwp/view.asp?A=2716&Q=325216

Richard
--
Richard Lovison Photography