[OM] Re: [OT] help any one know what's been eating at this floor and roo

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] help any one know what's been eating at this floor and roof beams
From: swisspace <swisspace@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 13:38:43 +0200
I have been cleaning both the beams and the floor with a nylon mop brush
on an angle grinder, no sanding yet. before the cleaning nothing was
apparent, then while I was cleaning I found the soft wood and removed
it. In a previous email I incorrectly stated the age of the beams , we
think they are in fact as old as the house which is around 80 years old,
the house was the last one built in the village before second world war.

This week I  will clean a few more floor boards to see what else shows
up, I think at the moment all is structurally sound, I just want to stop
anything  getting worse.

thanks for the comments