[OM] Re: OK, Fidel, let's line them up and shoot them down . . .

Subject: [OM] Re: OK, Fidel, let's line them up and shoot them down . . .
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 19:51:02 -0400
After you have selected the lasso you'll note that the tool bar across
the top has 4 little icons composed of one or two overlapping squares.
The left most is the starting setting for a "new selection".  The
others, from left to right are "add to selection", "subtract from
selection" and "intersect with selection".

If you can't see everything that needs to be selected start with a "new
selection" based on what you can see.  Then scroll up and switch the
mode to "add to selection" which will add what you're about to select to
what has already been selected.  Use "subtract from selection" to fix
mistakes.  I frequently do a rough selection at low magnification and
then blow it up and alternate between adding and subtracting to refine
the selection.

I've never used "intersect" and, off the top of my head, can't think of
a situation where it would be handy.  Maybe it's something the
programmers threw in there since most of the logic was already there.

Chuck Norcutt