[OM] Re: Nikon + ZF

Subject: [OM] Re: Nikon + ZF
From: David Irisarri <div2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 16:29:09 +0200
Well,

IMHO you cannot see both lenses, comparing each element.

First, sensor size vs film plane is different and focal lenght is the
same so lenses aren´t exaclty the same.

One of the biggest disadvantages of macro lenses is that they are
optimized for close distances. I think Olympus decided to add one ED
glass element to this lens to broaden the range of uses. Minimum
focusing distances are the same, both are 1/2x and the only difference
between them (this is very personal) is that ZD 50/2 is also optimized
also for infinity giving an outstanding resolution across the whole
range. Number of blades is higher just only for bokeh!!!

Here is a clear example of another picture I took with it at f2!!!.
http://www.myfourthirds.com/document.php?id=15525

So we could say this lens is an hybrid between ZUIKO 100/2 and 50/2.

Regards,

Dave