[OM] Re: [OT] USB/Parallel port advice needed

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] USB/Parallel port advice needed
From: Manuel Viet <oly@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 22:19:10 +0200
Le mercredi 03 Octobre 2007 20:01, Chuck Norcutt a écrit :

> I had no idea that new laser printers could be had for $80 which is
> probably less than a drum for the 1240 and also probably not much more
> than a toner cartridge and USB/parallel cable.  I guess I'll be looking
> for a Samsung home/office laser.  Got a specific model number?

I've personnaly opted for a Brother MFC 7820N ; not as cheap as a simple
laser, it's not really expensive either ($300), plus it makes for a neat
business companion : big tonner catridges, scanner, fax, copier, and modem,
all in one. The telephone integration is great, you can dial a number  on
your hanset if you pick up an incoming fax to let the machine take the com
back and print it. Network connectivity is a must. Bonus : drivers for
windows / Mac OS / Linux. (for the techno happy, it's ipp compatible, and
does native postscript as well as HP pcl).

http://www.brother-usa.com/mfc/ModelDetail.aspx?ProductID=MFC7820N

I've always had difficult relationships with my printers, and was very
reluctant to drop my deskjet 520, the only one to date that could deliver
without a hitch. But this Brother looks to be as much reliable.

--
Manuel Viet