[OM] Re: Suggestions for purchase of OM>E adapter?

Subject: [OM] Re: Suggestions for purchase of OM>E adapter?
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2007 00:54:59 -0700
> From: nsurit@xxxxxxx
>
> Greg, how much will you save with an aftermarket adapter when
> postage is added in?

I paid about $70 for five adaptors, including postage. I contacted a
person selling them on eBay for a bit more ($19.95, I think), and
asked him for a quantity price.

They are certainly not quite the quality of the free one I got from
Olympus with the purchase of my E-300, but I find the quality adequate
to pretty much permanently attach them to my favorite Zuikos (90/2,
500/8, 600/6.5, telescoping extension tube, and bellows).

They lack springs, and fit really sloppy until I figured out that you
need to "adjust" them by carefully spreading a radial slit with an
Xacto knife. Now they fit nice and tight.

:::: The first principle is that you must not fool yourself -- and you
are the easiest person to fool. -- Richard Feynman ::::
:::: Jan Steinman, http://www.EcoReality.org ::::