[OM] Re: [photo] Berkshire Fall 1

Subject: [OM] Re: [photo] Berkshire Fall 1
From: Richard Lovison <rlovison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2007 07:50:45 -0400
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> Lovely.  But try covering the blown highlights in the branches at upper
> left.  Just use your thumb on screen or other suitable sized cover
> object.  What difference does it make to your impression of the picture?
> Where did your eye go before and where does it go after?
>
> Richard Lovison wrote:
>> http://bcn.net/~rlovison/OMlist/berkshirefall.html

What blown highlights???? :)  OK, on a serious note I did a bit of quick
  PS-ing to eliminate them.

Initially, the highlights didn't bother me or cause a distraction as I
focused on the pattern of green, yellow and red "blobs".  Of course
after you mentioned the highlights, my eye went right to them every time
I looked at the image. ;-) When I did your test, my eye went to the
lower right corner of orange foliage after I covered the highlights.

Thanks for your input Chuck.  I believe the changes I made due to your
feedback created a stronger image.

Richard