[OM] Re: [OT] question on web search engines

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] question on web search engines
From: Doug <doug9345@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2007 20:12:04 -0400
On Sunday, October 07, 2007 19:25, Richard Lovison wrote:
> This is very important to me.  Does anyone on the list know if there is
> a way to determine how long a webpage has been in the Go*gle or Ask.c*m
> database?  Any info would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

I'm not sure that this answers your question, but if you click on the cached
link it brings you to a stored copy of the page. On top of the page it tells
exactly when the page was stored.  It has obviously been there that lone, but
I think you are asking when did Google first discover the page that I don't
know.  Maybe what you want is a web archive like
http://www.archive.org/index.php and figure google discovered it quickly.
Doug