[OM] Re: [OT] question on web search engines

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] question on web search engines
From: Doug <doug9345@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 20:50:59 -0400
On Monday, October 08, 2007 07:23, Richard Lovison wrote:
> Doug wrote:
> > I'm not sure that this answers your question, but if you click on the
> > cached link it brings you to a stored copy of the page. On top of the
> > page it tells exactly when the page was stored.
>
> Thanks.  That helped with the page listed on Google.  Now if I can only
> find something similar with Ask.
>
> What I would really like is to determine the date a page was first made
> publicly accessible on the net.  Short of getting into the server that
> hosts the file, I'm not sure there's a way.

Try going to http://www.archive.org/index.php. I just tried
http://www.zuikoholic.com/. It shows 8 pages for 2001, 11 for 2002, 18 for
2003, 14 for 2004,11 for 2005,15 for 2006 and 7 for 2007. The last one being
Jul 6, 2007.

In advanced search in ask.com there is an option for pages last modified in
the last week to the last 2 years.

In google there is a similar option plus an option for serching a particular
site. If I remember right it can also be a subsite ( i.e.
www.hatever.com/directory). I just played around with it a little bit, you
can.