[OM] [OT] Need Help Re Termites

Subject: [OM] [OT] Need Help Re Termites
From: "Geilfuss Charles" <Charles.Geilfuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 13:59:20 -0500
            After Chuck had such good luck with his nutsedge problem (at
least garnering information), I'm seeking advice from the OM hive mind
about a possible treatment for termites in a living tree. I have a 20'
Palmetto Tree (Sabal Palm) on my property located well away from my
house that has become infested with termites. They have formed classic
dirt-covered tubes up the trunk and disappear into the crown. The tree
still looks healthy and I would like to save it (so don't just tell me
to dig it up and burn it). Since it would cost me $300-400 to replace it
I'm willing to spend a bit to save it. Is anyone aware of an insecticide
effective on termites that won't kill my tree?

Thanks,

Charlie