[OM] Re: New Model

Subject: [OM] Re: New Model
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 09:53:23 -0500
On 10/16/07, swisspace <swisspace@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Yes this price drop makes my canyon5d or 7-14mm decision harder still.
>
> I could do with one or the other before we start the building work at
> our house to document before and after, but its a tougher choice to make
> now. Even considering though I have just bought an E-330 but I don't
> want to mention that or I will just rave on, (did most of the reviewers
> miss the point of the 330 I wonder he says with a smug grin).

Having raved a bit too much on the 330 already, cousin Ian, I will say
nothing.  The actual camera has to compete with the Platonic idea of
the thing which any first instance conjures up.  And Roger Askey is
entitled to get his head stuck up his rump every once in a while like
all the rest of us.

Unfortunately, I don't think the 5D will ever get cheap enough to
tempt me now.  The process of having to stop down my Zuikos manually
will not be any more fun or convenient on a 5D than on the 330 and so
the hidden expense of the 5D is the Canaan lenses you're going to
discover you want for it and swore to yourself you'd never need.  In
the end, the 7-14mm is going to be a bargain by comparison.  I have
discovered that the 11-22 is basically covering my wide needs very
well, and it carries well.  I need to save some money, as I've just
purchased a new (to me) E and OM carrying system.  Worth a few hundred
bucks.  The bugger is that the carrying system attaches to a new (to
me) BMW R1100R.

Yours now an oilhead,
Joel W.