[OM] Re: E-3 specs - specifically weight.

Subject: [OM] Re: E-3 specs - specifically weight.
From: "iwert bernakiewicz" <zuikooh@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 22:09:32 +0200
2007/10/21, Jim Couch <zuikoholic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Garth,
>
> I don't think you are correct here. I don't see the need for a manual
> focus lens in order to get light weight. Perhaps if you want/need a fast
> (f2/2.8) lens. But look at the Nikkor DX 18-55 F/3.5-5.6. This lens has
> Nikon's Silent Wave Motor built in, and yet only weighs 205 grams, just
> a few grams over the 190 gram Zuiko manual focus Zuiko 35-70 f3.5-4.5.
> It does not seem that the motor for the AF really has to add much weight.

You could just as well look at the 14-42, which is even smaller...
And to Garth: I am still well in the Oly camp. My E-1 is gone for a
service at the moment, so I am with the E-330. It is only now that I
recognise how much of a nice camera that is, simply wonderfull.
Liveview A is very nice. I feel like using my rolleiflex, looking down
at the big screen. Good built, compact, and with an OM-adapter with
focus confirmation (and for the IS series: IS as  well) coming, I'm a
happy camper with olympus still. However, when a good used 5D crosses
my path, I won't hesitate and mount it to my 18/24shift/35 and see
what it has to offer. At the moment however, I'm still very happy.
Don't know yet about the E-3. I hope there might come an E-30 or E-33,
 E-330 style body & screen, IS and wheather sealed. Optical finder is
rather OK to me, just add the brightness control to the articulating
screen.

I am a fan of maitani, but not necessarily of the engineers nowadays.
Camera's will keep evolving, and maybe I'll have my nice zuiko glass
once converted to Nikon mount, who knows?