[OM] Re: E-3 specs - specifically weight.

Subject: [OM] Re: E-3 specs - specifically weight.
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 20:08:08 -0300

----- Original Message -----
From: "Larry" <halpert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, October 21, 2007 7:28 PM

> Garth Wood wrote:
>>  ditch the
>> motors altogether, make the lenses manual focus
> I don't think it is possible to make acceptable photos by focusing
> manually.

Is this a "global" statement of opinion?

Leica M3 and M5, OM4T, Nikkormat FTn and Mamiya 7II systems [all manual
systems] have, for me, proved to be superbly accurate in the manual focusing
department.. Add in an existing elderly Voigtlander Vitomatic II and an my
recollection of my Agfa Clack 120 from 45 years ago and I'd say that my
experience of manual focusing is second to none.

Any assertion that acceptable photos can only derive from an auto focus
system shows a profound lack of knowledge of the history of 35mm
photography.

jh

 Plus, the speed the lenses make the picture not too fuzzy is