[OM] OM 1 MD

Subject: [OM] OM 1 MD
From: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 18:19:27 -0700 (PDT)
Well felluhrs,
I dusted off my old OM1 and finally headed off to take that picture honoring
Walt, but...didn't work.
I thought I had everything, the light, the setting, the whole shebang.  Then I
figured out how to use the handheld lightmeter (it has been a long time...:)
picked up the camera, pressed the shutter button and nothing.  It wouldnt sink.
 Advanced the shutter lever and heard a familiar click.  Hold on...
No film in the camera.  OMG, you are so stupid, Boris?  Loaded with film,
advanced the lever, heard a familiar click, composed, depressed the button and
nothing, the button wasnt moving at all.  Then it  clicked what that familiar
click was.  It was the sound of the mirror moving up and down.  As soon as I
advance the lever, the camera takes a picture.  What is it doing that?  I
havent depressed the shutter button yet...I went through all the speeds and
then moved around the film speed dial, then left the mirror in up position,
then tried using the timer in hope that my situation might improve.
Nothing...Do you know what the sad part is?  I had this camera cla'd in 2003.
It came back with nonfunctioning light meter.  Then I send it back...four
times, can you believe it?  Four fucking times and light meter no workie.  I
have no more than fifty pictures taken with it since then and now this...but I
got a free focusing screen for all my trouble...:)
Time to dust off the mint OM PC...when am I going to find the time to redo, I
have no idea.  It has been hectic lately.  Didnt even go to Bulgaria as planned.
In a mean time, if you have a simple fix for me, please let me know.
Thanks in advance
Yours
Boris

http://mail.yahoo.com